Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The F Word

We've started watching "The F Word" on BBC America and I love it! We were already huge fans of Chef Gordon Ramsay, but this seals the deal for us. He's so different on this show from how he is on Hell's Kitchen, for the most part. He still has little challenges for wannabe chefs and is pretty rotten to them, but he's way nicer and more friendly to his other guests. Moving on... I have been m.i.a. on here for the past week or so for a couple reasons. My roommate got pneumonia and was in the hospital for 4 days last week. He hasn't been able to work in 2 weeks and tomorrow is his first day back. It was incredibly stressful for me while he was sick and in the hospital. I was worried about him and worried how he could let it get to the point it did. It's hard to take care of a grown person on such a infant-like level without letting it affect the relationship. My boss is still up in the air about my hours which put a big strain on my attitude about juggling work and the roommate. Part of me is scared to get my hours cut even though I do have a make-shift plan put together. I really want to look it this as a blessing though. I will only have to work 20 hours a week - 4 hours a day! I can finally have my life back and focus on doing things for my future instead of spinning wheels for my present. I've cut back on a few of my expenses and I feel more in control rather than freaking out because things are changing.
Finally, I got my free issue Body+Soul magazine in the mail today and I love it! The one I got was the January/February issue and it has this "challenge" to transform your body/soul into "a new you". It goes week by week with tips and tools to follow. Day 1 has a few questions to consider:

1. What are the healthiest-and least healthy- aspects of your diet?
-healthiest = I drink at least 4 glasses of water each day
-least healthy = probably my one a day ramen habit and my need for chocolate after every meal

2. Do you have particular weaknesses?
-I think I do = chocolate, chips, and take out when I wait too long between snacks. I hate being hungry and I make bad choices when I get to that point.

3. What, if anything, would you like to change about your food choices?
-I would like to choose more fresh foods instead of ready made ones. I want to eat more vegetables and fruits every day as a habit, not out of forcing myself to do it


That's all for now friends. Take care of your body, you only get one!

-September

No comments:

Post a Comment