Saturday, February 28, 2009

I Heart Blogs

One of the interests I have listed in my About Me section is learning new things. I LOVE learning new things, it's part of my love for change. It keeps you feeling fresh, which I think is very important in life. I live in a small-ish city in a secluded part of the county. By secluded I mean that not a lot gets in and people are somewhat forgotten about here. I first found out what blogs were about two years ago. I wasn't very involved in the Internet beyond MySpace so I didn't really have a clue what was going on beyond the 419. I had (and still currently have) zillions of magazine subscriptions and one day when I was looking through Jane they had a small article about Sarah from Pink of Perfection. I looked up her blog and instantly fell in love with it. I read all through her posts and followed all of the links she had in them. I also followed all of the links she had in her "Links" section and read through those blogs and followed those links and so on until it was apparent that a better, more interesting, life did exist beyond The Great Black Swamp. It felt like my whole world had instantly opened up! I found so many other people who shared the same interests as me, but I also found new things that I never knew I liked. I found this add-on for Firefox called Foxmarks to organize all of my bookmarks since they were starting to get a little out of control. So, below is a list I put together of some of the blogs/websites that have influenced me, taught me something, or just piqued my interest. Feel free to share yours favs with me!

Be well, do good deeds, and stay in touch,
September


1. Pink of Perfection
2. Dooce
3. Zen Habits
4. Wisebread
5. Geekologie
6. Marc and Angel Hack Life
7. Apartment Therapy
8. Create!
9. DIY Life
10. Dumb Little Man
11. Etsy
12. Found Magazine
13. PostSecret
14. Frock Shop
15. The Sartorialist
16. Go Fug Yourself
17. My Dollar Plan
18. Giveaway of the Day
19. My My
20. Joe's NYC
21. Flickr
22. Photobucket
23. The Martha Blog
24. Download Squad
25. Yahoo! Shine







No comments:

Post a Comment